We’re living in an unprecedented time as COVID-19 impacts lives everywhere. As we navigate and adjust, how can we manage the many emotions we’re feeling?
Get expert insights from Dr. Laurie Santos, a Yale psychology professor, on how we can all prioritize our mental well-being during this challenging time, including:
- Reducing tension in a relationship while sheltering in place (1:11)
- Consuming news without increasing anxiety (3:24)
- Supporting healthcare workers and helping them prioritize self-care (5:19)
- Remaining positive when living alone (8:51)
- Staying focused and productive at work (10:36)
- Finding your next career or job if you’ve been laid off (12:47)
- Helping children who are struggling without their usual routine or friends (15:00)
- Creating positive experiences while in lockdown (18:26)
- Sleeping better, despite increased anxiety and stress (20:48)
- Coping if loved ones test positive for COVID-19 (23:57)
- Spreading kindness or making social connections while isolated (26:32)
Want to hear more from Dr. Santos?