People agree that Dan Ariely is a pretty cool professor teaching a pretty rad class: “A Beginner’s Guide to Irrational Behavior”.
To review some of the reasons why we love Professor Dan Ariely:
1) He builds toy robots
Robots are generally considered rational beings
2) He uses classy words like “Loins” (at 2:36)
3) He uses relatable daily scenarios to teach important lessons, like when you put on your hilarious “I’m-eating-birthday-cake” face
4) Considering you just stuffed your face with cake, he reminds you to stick to your diet by using cash instead of credit cards. NO MUFFIN FOR YOU, SIR!
5) He knows I only “borrowed” those colorful Post-Its from the office for a “really important weekend project”.
Photo credit: http://iruntheinternet.com/04380
6) He knows there is nothing more powerful than “The IKEA Effect”:
Take my own recipe “Breakfast Protein Cupcake Creation-Thingy”: I think it’s amazing, but my colleague David thinks “It tastes like chalk” >>
Behold my AMAZING CHALKY CREATION.
Now you are convinced to take Dan Ariely’s course: “A Beginner’s Guide to Irrational Behavior”!