A huge thank-you to all of you who were able to join us for our 5th annual Coursera Partners Conference! This year’s conference was one of our most exciting and engaging yet, with administrators and educators from 27 countries, five continents, and nearly 100 partner institutions in attendance. Special thanks to our hosts from the University of Colorado System on the beautiful CU Boulder Campus for welcoming us with amazing support and a perfect venue in which to celebrate what we have accomplished together over the past five years and look ahead to continued innovation for tomorrow’s learners.
We had several big milestones to recognize this spring. Through are partnership, we are:
- Reaching 25 million learners in every country of the world
- Providing rich learning experiences with over 2,000 active courses, 180 Specializations, and now four fully online degree programs
- Expanding access to education and transforming the lives of millions of learners who use their newfound knowledge to do incredible things
We were also delighted to offer four full tracks in this year’s conference program – reflecting the growth of our partner community over the past few years:
- Instructor Track: In this track, our instructor community gathered to share best practices and discuss topics including innovations in pedagogy, reaching global learners, teaching for social impact, creating engagement in online learning communities, marketing, and blended learning.
- Course Teams Track: This track included breakout sessions that focused on topics such as the challenges of scaling production with a limited budget, best practices for working with complex university dynamics, and innovative teaching and learning tools.
- Research Track: In this track, our research community gathered for breakout sessions that featured research from both partner institutions and Coursera, and a discussion of strategies to enhance teaching and learning through data.
- Strategy Track: This track included breakout sessions that explored many of the important topics that academic leaders consider when growing online programs, including how to determine content strategy, align with institutional goals, engage industry partners, and expand institutional reach through online degrees.
The work we do wouldn’t be possible without the instructors, course teams, researchers, program managers, and university leaders around the world who invest their time and talents in expanding access to great learning experiences. To celebrate the past five years and look ahead to the great work still to come, we asked members of our partner community to share their reflections on the impact of online learning and their hopes for our future work together:
Thank you to everyone who works with us to transform lives around the world!