As 2015 comes to a close, we’re looking back on an incredible year for Coursera by highlighting the courses and Specializations that had the biggest impact on the lives of our learners.
For learners focused on career ambitions, one measure of that impact is the addition of new skills to a resume or professional profile. We dug into the professional skills learners were most eager to gain this year, as defined by the Specializations with the highest rates of course completers posting their Certificates to LinkedIn. The result is our first-ever list of the “Top 10 Most Coveted Coursera Certificates.”
We saw significant interest this year in data science certificates, with three data science-centric Specializations making the list. It’s no secret that data science skills are in high demand in our increasingly technologically-driven world; in fact, the US alone may face a 60 to 80 percent gap between supply and demand for analytics talent. Also topping the list were marketing skills, which, according to USA Today, are also among the highest-paid and most in-demand qualifications of 2015. Business leadership and design courses round out the top-ten list below.
The 10 most coveted Coursera Certificates of 2015
- Digital Marketing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Data Science, Johns Hopkins University
- Interaction Design, University of California, San Diego
- Business Strategy, University of Virginia
- Strategic Business Analytics, ESSEC Business School
- Data Science at Scale, University of Washington
- Genomic Data Science, Johns Hopkins University
- Organizational Leadership, Northwestern University
- Social Media Marketing, Northwestern University
- Strategic Management and Innovation, Copenhagen Business School
Does one of these Specializations pique your interest? Register for an upcoming session in our catalog!1