By Betty Vandenbosch, Chief Content Officer at Coursera
Each of us has the ability to create positive change in the world. Even seemingly small gestures can make a big difference. Nevertheless, as new challenges continue to emerge across the globe, we can sometimes feel helpless—unsure of how to make an impact, fix a problem, or make a bad situation better. Learning is a powerful force for good because it helps us understand the challenges we face, overcome feelings of helplessness, and realize we can make a difference—that we can create real solutions. Learning is how we can change and grow, and it’s a critical part of creating a more just and equitable world.
We are grateful to the Coursera partner community for building new learning opportunities that can help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to make an impact in your community. With these recently launched courses, you can learn about topics such as diversity, equality, climate change, public health, sustainability, social work, and more.
Learn about the issues you care about from experts who are leading the way forward. Gain the knowledge and skills to start making your own positive contributions.
Act on the knowledge and skills you gain to challenge the status quo, find innovative new solutions, and drive progress.
Impact your community and the world around you in positive ways. Join inspiring movements and organizations, lead new initiatives, and help create a safer and more inclusive world for all.
Learn about social justice
- Take Action: From Protest to Policy – Wesleyan University
- Community Awareness: Police Brutality in the U.S. – University of Michigan
- Cultural impact of housing displacement gentrification – University of Glasgow
- Activism in Sports and Culture – Morehouse College
- The Influence of Social Determinants on Health Specialization – University of Michigan
- #BlackLivesMatter – Johns Hopkins University
Learn about diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
- Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity – University of Colorado System
- Designing and Building Institutional Anti-Racist Spaces – Wesleyan University
- Diversity and Inclusion for HR Professionals – University of California, Irvine
- Leading Diverse Teams – University of California, Irvine
- Anti-Racism I | University of Colorado Boulder
- Reimagining Blackness and Architecture – The Museum of Modern Art
- Promote the Ethical Use of Data-Driven Technologies – CertNexus
Learn about climate change
- Exploring Our Responses to Climate Change Specialization – University of Colorado Boulder
- Frozen in the Ice: Exploring the Arctic | University of Colorado Boulder
- Climate Change and Health: From Science to Action Specialization | Yale University
- Arctic Climate, Environ. & Geographies of a Changing North Specialization | University of Colorado Boulder
You can always find the most recent social impact courses from Coursera partners in this curated collection.
With the skills you learn and the knowledge you gain in these courses, you’ll be ready to act and make an impact! Share your impact stories with the global Coursera community using #LearnActImpact on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We can’t wait to see what you learn next!