Please join me in inspiring others to study Machine Learning. Regardless of where you learned Machine Learning, if it has had an impact on you or your work, please share your story on Facebook or Twitter in a short written or video post. I will invite the people who shared the 5 most inspirational stories to join me in a conversation on Google Hangout about the future of machine learning.
Here are instructions on how to participate:
- Compose your response to the prompt “Because I learned machine learning, I now…”
- Either (a) Write a facebook post, or (b) Use a webcam or personal camera to record yourself sharing your story, keeping your video to one minute or shorter.
- Use the hashtag #LearnML to share your written or video post on Facebook or Twitter. Make sure the video is marked as public* so that we can find it!
- Post your text or video story by Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 11.59pm Pacific Standard Time. I’ll announce winning videos the week of December 7.
- *Please make sure the video is public.
With the growth of digital data, machine learning is becoming more important every day. Stanford’s Machine Learning course on Coursera recently surpassed 1,000,000 enrollments. But even with this milestone, we’re far from tackling all of the amazing challenges that can be solved with machine learning.
Inspiration is a powerful force that lifts people up. We can make the world a better place by creating more machine learning developers. Please join me and help inspire your friends and others to #LearnML!
Co-founder of Coursera, Associate Professor (Research) at Stanford University, Chief Scientist at Baidu