At Coursera, we’re always working to better understand where, when, how, and why people learn online. Along the way, we’ve discovered some fascinating trends. We’re excited to share a few of these in a first-of-its-kind online learning infographic, drawing on insights and feedback from over 18 million learners worldwide. Highlights include:
- Late afternoon is the most popular time to watch lectures, but computer science learners tend to log in later – around 9pm local time
- Subject interests vary by country – France’s top topic is business, Germany leads in physical sciences, and passion for personal development peaks in Mexico
- In 2015, five countries grew their Coursera populations by over 70%
- Learners accessing Coursera on mobile increased by 80% last year
- The United States and the Philippines have the highest representations of women in online courses, at 46% and 53% respectively
You can explore more trends in the complete infographic below – on behalf of all of us at Coursera, thank you for being part of our diverse and passionate global community!