It’s a no brainer that Google is one of the top companies in the world, recruiting some of the best talent from around the globe. But getting your foot in the door at a company like Google requires a candidate to not only have a solid foundation in Computer Science, but to also be able to adapt, develop and maintain technical skills in a constantly evolving market.
Understanding this, Google has created their Guide for Technical Development, a list of courses and resources, many from Coursera, which are meant to help students further their technical skills and stay ahead of evolving industry standards.
Get acquainted with CS:
- Computer Science 101 Stanford University
Jump into an object oriented programming language:
- Learn to Program: The Fundamentals University of Toronto
- Introduction to Python Rice University
- Learn to Program: Crafting Quality Code University of Toronto
- Programming Languages University of Washington
Develop logical reasoning and knowledge:
- Introduction to Logic Stanford University
- Linear and Discrete Optimization École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Probabilistic Graphical Models Stanford University
- Game Theory Stanford University
Understand Algorithms and Data Structures:
- Coursera Introduction to Algorithms Part 1 & Part 2 Princeton University
Learn parallel programming:
- Heterogeneous Parallel Programming The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Learn more about Specializations and how you can build skills to get noticed by companies around the world.