Coursera is expanding access for Spanish speaking learners today by launching more than 150 new courses, 14 Specializations, and a fully translated mobile app in the language. Both Specializations and courses will be fully translated or subtitled. The new Specializations are designed to help learners master job-relevant skills in areas including business, computer science, and more.
Spanish-speaking countries already represent 11% of Coursera’s global monthly active users and comprise the second-largest community on Coursera after English speakers. In a recent Coursera survey, 92% of Latin Americans who self-identified as motivated by career and educational advancement reported benefits from taking Coursera courses.
“Spanish-speakers demonstrate a great thirst for flexible, unlimited access to the world’s best education,” said Daphne Koller, Coursera’s president and co-founder. “We are confident that the expanded course offerings and mobile experience in Spanish will be a huge step toward changing lives for Spanish speakers in Latin America, Spain and around the world who want to improve their lives and careers through learning.”
The high demand content has been produced from top educational institutions such as University of the Andes (Uniandes) in Colombia, ESADE Business and Law School in Spain, and Arizona State University (ASU)—known in Latin America for its research and English teacher training. In addition, Coursera will be deepening existing partnerships with the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) and Tecnológico de Monterrey in Mexico, the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile (PUC), the University of Barcelona (UAB), IE Business School, and IESE Business School in Spain.
The top 14 Specializations Include:
- Desarrollo de Aplicaciones iOS, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Marketing con Redes Sociales, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Desarrollo y Diseño de Videojuegos, University of the Andes
- Chino básico: Lenguage y cultura empresarial, Arizona State University
- Inglés Empresarial, Arizona State University
- ELL Success in the Content Classroom: The Teacher’s Toolbox Series, Arizona State University
- TESOL Certificate: Teach English Now!, Arizona State University
- Creatividad, diseño e innovación: Técnicas y herramientas, Arizona State University/National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Analisis de Datos para Toma De Deciciones, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Administración de Proyectos: Principios Basicos, Tecnológico de Monterrey/University of California, Irvine
- Diseño y creación de videojuegos, University of Barcelona
- Éxito Profesional, University of California, Irvine
- Fundamentos Empresariales, University of Pennsylvania
- El Músico Moderno, Berklee School of Music
To explore all 150 of Coursera’s new Spanish-language courses, visit www.coursera.org/navegar.