Over half of Coursera’s learners come to our platform to build practical career skills—especially in high-demand business and technology fields. That’s why the Coursera team and our university partners have come together to bring our learners hundreds of new courses as part of a comprehensive selection of Specializations in business, computer science, and data science.
Each Specialization is a series of courses taught by world-renowned faculty, designed to support flexible, self-paced learning, with personalized weekly schedules to help learners stay motivated and on track. In addition, the Specializations culminate in a hands-on Capstone Project which learners can add to their resumes or professional portfolios.
In many Specializations, top companies help develop the Capstone Projects and other course content for learners to gain industry relevant skills and stand out to employers. Industry partners for these Specializations include market leaders like Google, Qualcomm, Zillow, Yahoo, IBM, Meteor, Amazon, Splunk, DataCamp, Kongregate, and more.
Market research shows that demand for business, computer science, and data science skills is at an unprecedented high across all industries, and will continue to increase in the coming years:
Eighty-nine percent of small businesses report difficulty finding qualified applicants for open positions, according to a 2015 survey conducted by the National Federation of Independent Business.
By 2018, according to a recent study by McKinsey, the United States will face severe shortages of both data science experts and data-literate managers—up to 190,000 and 1.5 million jobs, respectively.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that by 2020, new jobs in computer science will outnumber qualified applicants by 3.5 to 1.
The world economy is changing fast, and skills in business, computer science, and data science have never been more valuable. Coursera is proud to provide anyone, anywhere with access to the world’s best educators and experts in these fields.
As of today, learners can enroll in the following new Specializations on Coursera:
- Business Analytics, University of Pennsylvania
- Business Strategy, University of Virginia
- Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business, Duke University
- Introduction to Finance: Valuation and Investing Specialization, University of Michigan
- Hotel Management: Distribution, Revenue and Demand Management, Essec Business School
- Inspirational Leadership: Leading with Sense, HEC Paris
- Leading People and Teams, University of Michigan
- Social Media Marketing, Northwestern University
- Strategic Business Analytics, Essec Business School
- Strategic Management and Innovation, Copenhagen Business School
- Public Relations for Digital Media, National University of Singapore
- Full Stack Web Development, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Game Design: Art and Concepts, California Institute of the Arts
- Game Design & Development, Michigan State University
- iOS App Development with Swift, University of Toronto
- iOS: Portuguese (Desenvolvimento e Design de Aplicativos para iPhone e iPad), UNICAMP
- iOS Development for Creative Entrepreneurs, University of California, Irvine
- Internet of Things, University of California, San Diego
- An Introduction to Programming the Internet of Things (IOT), UCI Extension
- Java Programming: An Introduction to Software, Duke University
- Java Programming: Object-Oriented Design of Data Structures, University of California, San Diego
- Python for Everybody, University of Michigan
- Responsive Website Development & Design, University of London
- Ruby on Rails Web Development, Johns Hopkins University
- Software Product Management, University of Alberta
- Web Design for Everybody, University of Michigan
- Big Data, University of California, San Diego
- Data Science at Scale, University of Washington
- Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence, University of Colorado
- Executive Data Science, Johns Hopkins University
- Machine Learning, University of Washington
- Data Analysis and Interpretation, Wesleyan University
Physical Science and Engineering:
- Optobotics, UCI Extension
Arts and Humanities:
- Academic English: Writing, UCI Extension